Shift your organizational skills into overdrive!
Clear out the clutter and put the car back where it belongs: in the garage!
Molly’s Money-Saving Digest Molly Saves in the Garage and Shedhelps you get those outdoor “rooms”-the shed and the garage-in order. You don’t have a garage? These tips can help you organize any space where clutter has taken over. But the Digest doesn’t stop there. You’ll find plenty of other useful advice to get the most out of your money and your time.
- Learn how to make the perfect glass of lemonade, just in time for summer.
- Try a versatile recipe that you’ll turn to again and again on your busiest days.
- Find out which small mammal may be right for your family.
- Teach your children one of the basics of personal finance.
- Learn how to take care of your skin this summer.
- Explore why antioxidants are healthy and how you can get them.
- Find out which magazine Molly recommends for DIY projects around the house.
- Reduce your family’s food waste and salvage more of your leftovers.
- Get inspiration from the story of one family that became debt-free.
In the garage and shed—where sports equipment, garden supplies, boxes and bins of every description, and all sorts of other “homeless” items end up—we must overtake our clutter before it overtakes us. With organized storage, you’ll be able to find things when you need them. You’ll be able to park your car inside the garage! And you’ll have the tools to keep things neat and put away. Shift into gear and get started with the help you’ll find in this month’s Digest:
- Learn about some frugal and functional ways to corral your clutter.
- Get the scoop on an easy and effective way to label your boxes and bins.
- Explore the Internet for build-it-yourself storage solutions.
- Repurpose and reuse everything from bottle caps to an old dresser to large food cans.
- Find out how to host a successful garage sale.
- Discover an inexpensive substitute for pegboard and keep your tools stored in style.
Take a closer look at all the impressive features you’ll find in this month’s Digest:
- This ’n’ That: Celebrate nurses and police officers in May and break out the barbecue for National Barbecue Month. And, of course, don’t forget Mom.
- Begin With the Basics: The secret to a delicious glass of lemonade isn’t the lemons, it’s the sugar. Get rid of the undissolved grit in your glass and try a few different recipes to see which one makes your ideal refreshment.
- Forms & Printables: Find inspiration for storage solutions you can make yourself, including an armoire, a storage locker and shelves. Practice frugality with a labeling system that uses index cards.
- Décor & More: Eleanor Joyce tells us not to underestimate the lowly bucket, which has a long list of uses. How does she love them? She counts the ways this month. Plus, find other storage ideas for the garage, including a way to put old food packaging to good use.
- Meal of the Month: The recipe for Black Bean Chicken Skillet is quick, easy and adaptable to what you have on hand. It’s versatile enough to prepare on the fly or to put in the slow cooker—whichever suits your schedule.
- In the Garage With Molly: Learn how to hold a successful garage sale, from inviting other families to participate to organizing your items to advertising properly. For some real motivation, decide beforehand what you’ll do with the money you make.
- Pet Care for Pennies: If you think that all small mammals—hamsters, guinea pigs, ferrets, rabbits—are easier to care for than dogs or cats, you need to read Dr. Tiffany Rule’s advice. She helps sort through the maintenance requirements for small family pets and tells you which one is her favorite.
- Tightwad Training Camp: Kids learn how to fill out a deposit slip the right way, plus some common sense tips about keeping their deposits safe from theft and loss.
- Something Old, Something New: Pegboard is a wonderful organizational tool, but its price may put it out of reach. This month, read about a much cheaper alternative, made with wire fencing and scrap wood.
- Here’s to Your Health: Don’t take chances with the sun this summer. We tell you how to protect your skin from harmful rays, with advice for choosing a sunscreen and even a recipe for making it yourself.
- You’re a Natural Beauty: We’ve all heard a lot about antioxidants in recent years. Learn exactly what they are and how they help to keep us healthy—and younger-looking too. Find out which foods have a generous helping of antioxidants.
- Molly Recommends: Molly loves both the practicality and the inspiration she finds in The Family Handyman magazine. The simple, clear, and well-illustrated instructions for DIY projects for every area of the home leave her thinking, “I could do that!”
- Change One Thing This Month: Molly offers tips and tools for reducing your family’s food waste, including a free E-Book that will help you with menu planning. Cut down on ingredients that don’t get used, plan your meals with leftovers in mind, and learn how to salvage produce, fruit, and bread that you might once have thrown away.
- Inspiration! Read how one family, inspired by God’s Word and by Dave Ramsey’s financial teaching, got out of debt and had fun in the process.
- Directory of Links: For those of you who print and bind your Digests, you’ll have easy access to all of the fantastic links worth saving in the back of this issue. It makes your Digest easier to use!
See why homemakers love Molly’s Digest—see what’s inside!
Every month, Molly has a wealth of information and support to share in one easy-to-read, handy resource! Discover for yourself all of the exciting and imaginative ideas Molly has to offer and wants to share with you—ideas that could save you big money and needless headaches!
You’ll glean some of the best inexpensive ideas and projects for everyday living that you can find, and be inspired to be self-confident, creative, and resourceful too.
View a sample of this product here.
Molly makes it fun and easier to be frugal! Think about it—with so much to learn and save, if you apply just one money-saving idea, you’ll recoup the cost of this E-Book right away!
Project Manager: Toni Riggs
Contributing Writers: Dena Wood, Eleanor Joyce, Sharon White, Patricia Hunter, Toni Riggs, Tiffany J. Rule, DVM, Stacey Lane
File Size: 4.2 MB
Need to economize? Subscribe to a Molly Membership!
For only $3.85 a month (cancel any time!) you receive not only the monthly Molly Green Magazine, but also much more!
Every month, Molly has a wealth of information and support to share in one easy-to-read, handy resource! Discover for yourself all of the exciting and imaginative ideas Molly has to offer—ideas that could save you big money and needless headaches!
You’ll glean some of the best inexpensive ideas and projects for everyday living that you can find and be inspired to be self-confident, creative, and resourceful too.
For just $4.95, download this Molly Green Magazine now!
Or become a monthly Molly Member and subscribe for only $3.85 per month!