It’s a feast of frugality!
Make your dining room a more appetizing space without spending a lot of dough!
Transforming your dining room doesn’t have to gobble up your budget. In Molly’s Money-Saving Digest Molly Saves In the Dining Room, learn how you can make your dining space more functional as well as more beautiful-for less! A simple but lovely room can make any dinner seem more special. But the Digest doesn’t stop at the dining table. You’ll find plenty of other advice to help you get the most out of your money and your time.
- Find out what you should do this month to keep your home well-maintained.
- Learn how to make the perfect gravy—it’s not as hard as you think.
- Try a versatile chicken dish that’s quick to prepare.
- Explore the pros and cons of pet insurance.
- Give your children a crash course in grocery budgeting.
- Learn how to create a carafe and glass for your guest bedroom or bathroom.
- Read about natural ways to combat under-eye circles.
- Discover which book Molly recommends for a new perspective on weight loss.
Our dining rooms are about much more than just eating. In these rooms, we not only nurture our bodies, but also our relationships. As we share a meal, we share our daily experiences, our thoughts, and our feelings. Fussy furniture and deluxe details are not required. A simple, casual space that can serve many functions—eating, playing board games, gathering for worship and devotions, hobbies—will make your dining room a place for family as well as food. This month’s Digest gives you the ingredients to create such a space in your home.
- Go online for creative ideas for storage, decorating, and the coming holidays.
- Follow Eleanor Joyce as she works to transform her dining space frugally and fast.
- Consider a philosophy of true hospitality and how to foster it in your dining space.
- Learn how to accommodate guests with food allergies.
- Get tips on creating inexpensive tablescapes that look like a million bucks.
- Be inspired to feed your family spiritually at the dining table.
Take a closer look at all the impressive features you’ll find in this month’s Digest:
- This ’n’ That: Are you thinking of getting a new best friend? October is Adopt a Shelter Dog month. And here’s some sweet news: It’s also Cookie Month. Need to get your home ready for winter? Our to-do list will help.
- Begin With the Basics: Good gravy! It’s not difficult when you know the basics. We take you step by step through the process and discuss your ingredient options.
- Forms, Printables, & Links: The Internet has lots of good ideas for storage and décor in the dining room. Find inspiration for beautiful but inexpensive centerpieces, as well as printable place cards and other holiday helps.
- Décor & More: Eleanor Joyce tells us how she discovered the meaning of the word “deadline” when she decided to redo her dining room in time for a graduation party. In just a week, she was able to do a whirlwind transformation, devoting more elbow grease than money to the project.
- Meal of the Month: KerryAnn Foster serves up a versatile chicken meal that’s perfect for busy fall days. This quick dish can be easily changed to prevent boredom. Afterward, surprise your family with an easy and inexpensive pie that stars a favorite pair: peanut butter and chocolate.
- Molly Saves! In the Dining Room: Create a welcoming dining room that meets your family’s needs and matches your taste, not someone else’s. Practicing patience along with frugality and creativity can help you get the furnishings and accessories you want at the right price.
- Pet Care for Pennies: Do you need to purchase pet insurance? Sometimes, just one illness is enough to wreck a family’s budget, but buying insurance may be unnecessary. Dr. Tiffany Rule weighs the cost and potential benefits of pet insurance.
- Tightwad Training Camp: This month, your children can learn about food costs, how to make a meal plan to fit a budget, and how to find the best bargains at the grocery store.
- Something Old, Something New: Sharon White explains how you can turn two plain glass jars into a carafe and drinking glass for overnight guests. Just that small, thoughtful touch can make your guests feel more welcome.
- Here’s to Your Health: With the prevalence of food intolerances and allergies today, it’s important to check with your dinner guests before you plan the meal. Our tips and advice on how to accommodate common food issues will help.
- You’re a Natural Beauty: The holidays are a time of food, fun, and family, but they can also be a source of stress and tiredness, which may bring under-eye puffiness and dark circles. Molly offers up some natural remedies.
- Molly Recommends: Do you struggle with your weight? Molly recommends a book that doesn’t give the typical weight-loss advice. Instead, the author shares her own journey from relying on food to relying on God.
- Change One Thing This Month: The thrift store is a great place to look for dining room bargains. Need furnishings? Linens? Dishes? Molly shares tips and stories of some of her own thrift store finds.
- Inspiration! Make your dining table a place that nurtures the soul as well as the body. Our Inspiration! column tells you how.
- Directory of Links: For those of you who print and bind your Digests, you’ll have easy access to all of the fantastic links worth saving in the back of this issue. It makes your Digest easier to use!
See why homemakers love Molly’s Digest—see what’s inside!
See a sample here.
Every month, Molly has a wealth of information and support to share in one easy-to-read, handy resource! Discover for yourself all of the exciting and imaginative ideas Molly has to offer and wants to share with you—ideas that could save you big money and needless headaches!
You’ll glean some of the best inexpensive ideas and projects for everyday living that you can find, and be inspired to be self-confident, creative, and resourceful too.
Molly makes it fun and easier to be frugal! Think about it—with so much to learn and save, if you apply just one money-saving idea, you’ll recoup the cost of this E-Book right away!
Project Manager: Toni Riggs
Contributing Writers: Dena Wood, Eleanor Joyce, Sharon White, Patricia Hunter, Toni Riggs, Tiffany J. Rule, DVM, KerryAnn Foster
File Size: 5.3 MB
Need to economize? Subscribe to a Molly Membership!
For only $3.85 a month (cancel any time!) you receive not only the monthly Molly Green Magazine, but also much more!
Every month, Molly has a wealth of information and support to share in one easy-to-read, handy resource! Discover for yourself all of the exciting and imaginative ideas Molly has to offer—ideas that could save you big money and needless headaches!
You’ll glean some of the best inexpensive ideas and projects for everyday living that you can find and be inspired to be self-confident, creative, and resourceful too.
For just $4.95, download this Molly Green Magazine now!
Or become a monthly Molly Member and subscribe for only $3.85 per month!