There are so many different ways to live a frugal lifestyle . . . this is a great place to learn new things and encourage one another! Below you can share the link to a post on your own blog, share a little about your frugal life and encourage others. Be sure to come back each Friday and link-up to this great community of frugal followers!
If you get my Friday newsletter, you most likely read Midge’s question about ways to add decorative touches to the home without hurting the budget (if you don’t get my FREE newsletter be sure and subscribe via the sticky note in the upper right corner). Read below to see my response. Molly
I can’t wait to see your new bear towels, how cute! I think the majority of us enjoy adding new, decorative items to our homes. This is something that can easily be done on a budget, using our imaginations will go a long way! I think the first step would be to determine our own (unique) decorating style. Look around your home and see what you currently have. Some people are eclectic in their decorating style/themes. Some homes have a specific “style” in every room. You can browse through various home décor stores or magazines, what kinds of things catch your attention? What do you wish you could purchase for your home but don’t feel like you could justify the cost?
For example, I LOVE to decorate with old looking glass jars, bottles and pitchers. I was at a home décor store once and was drawn to the glass jars and bottles…the prices were astronomical! About a week later, I was at a thrift store and as I was strolling through the MANY aisles of glassware I found the same types of jars/bottles~ and for a fraction of the cost! It dawned on me that I should be looking in second hand/thrift stores for some of my home décor items! I’ve purchased old curtain rods and made them look like new with a little spray paint, I’ve purchased some gorgeous sheer curtains over the years and I’ve found a plethora of glassware to decorate with and use for dining. The sky is the limit when we can get creative!
Love ya, Molly
To share a link to your post about frugal living, use the Linky below. But first. . .
1. We’d love for you to share your links that include anything related to DIY projects, saving money, frugal living, made from scratch cooking, cleaning products, sustainable living, gardening, organic, and anything else related to homemaking! You can also include your struggles while trying to live a frugal lifestyle (like Midge!)! Show us about how you are thriving while surviving on a smaller budget!
2. Please, no link-ups to giveaways or blog topics in which you are just selling a product.
3. Link directly to your frugal post, not to your home page.
4. Grab our linky graphic (from the sidebar) and put it on your blog or on your linky post.
5. If a linked up post does not meet the above guidelines, it will be removed.
6. If you link-up, please click on other’s links as well. Our frugal followers have a lot to share!
Living frugally means living, learning, and growing from each other. We can’t wait to see what you are going to share (to see other blogs who have linked up, click the link below)! Ready, set, link!
CLICK HERE TO LINK-UP!