Do you spend money on purchasing bottles of water in all sorts of yummy flavors? While I admit they are tasty, too many extra purchases every week and month can really add up. I’ve been trying to focus on drinking more water lately and adding in my own flavor(s) has really helped stretch my budget in the “extra spending” category.
Try these ideas for DIY flavored water and see what you think:.
- Fill a pitcher with water and slices of cucumber, lemon and lime. Refrigerate until cold, pour into travel container and enjoy!
- Adding in a slice of citrus to your glass is a sure way to add in some tang. My favorite examples of citrus is lemon, orange or lime.
- If you don’t have the actual citrus fruit on hand, how about adding in a squirt or two of lemon or lime juice? Add in a little natural sweetener if you prefer. *Did you notice this is a way to make homemade lemonade/limeade?
- If you have some fruit teas on hand you could brew some up the night before and cool in the fridge. Adding some of this flavored tea to your water will give you a nice flavor. Again, if you prefer it sweetened some use a natural sweetener.
- Cranberry concentrate goes a long way. Adding a few drops into your water bottle is a nice, tangy change. YUM!
Drinking more water throughout your day is always a bonus. Plain water is the best but if a flavored kind will help you get more down, GO FOR IT!
What are you up to this weekend?