If you get my weekly newsletter, you most likely read Midge’s question regarding her request for frugal suggestions on putting together a child’s birthday party. (if you don’t get my newsletter be sure and subscribe via the sticky note in the upper right corner of the blog). Here are a few thoughts I had on fun birthday ideas. Molly
How about these simple ideas for your daughter’s next birthday party?
1. Cake (or some form of cake like cupcakes, ice cream cake, etc)
2. A few (frugal) decorations. How about some streamers, balloons, Happy Birthday sign (purchased or homemade by siblings) and a few goodies in a goodie bag for guests. All of these things can be purchased at your local dollar discount-type store.
3. A fun activity or two. If it’s summer time it could involve bubbles, water balloons, water guns or sprinklers. If it’s winter time, fun activities might include pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey or a coloring contest (with prizes for all at the end).
4. A nature scavenger hunt. The list of things to find could include pine cones, 3 different types of tree leaves, a certain colored stone, etc.
5. The biggest and best HAPPY BIRTHDAY song you can muster (how about adding in actions too?). A birthday ‘crown’ for the guest of honor would be extra special too. Don’t forget lots of pictures!
Birthday parties don’t have to break your budget. Being together, having a good time and making memories are what’s important. Use your imagination and enjoy your child’s special day. Why not include the story of their birth? If you have an adopted child, you could tell the story of how they came to your family and the first time you set eyes on them and how it made your heart happy.
Happy birthday party planning!
Love ya, Molly