There are so many different ways to live a frugal lifestyle . . . this is a great place to learn new things and encourage one another! Below you can share the link to a post on your own blog, share a little about your frugal life and encourage others. Be sure to come back each Friday and link-up to this great community of frugal followers!
If you get my Friday newsletter, you most likely read Midge’s question about indoor summer activities (if you don’t get my FREE newsletter be sure and subscribe via the sticky note in the upper right corner). Read below to see my response. Molly
When the summer month’s heat up and we need a “heat” break, I like to take everyone to the bowling alley! It’s a great (and frugal!) indoor activity. . . the kids wear off lots of energy, we stay cool in the air conditioning and sometimes I splurge for an ice cream treat on the way home. Have you ever heard of THIS RESOURCE? Registered kids can get up to 2 free games of bowling EACH day throughout the summer. Now that’s what I call an awesome deal!
Sometimes I take advantage of matinee prices at our local cinema and enjoy a movie with the kids (we’re careful not to buy treats/drinks there, it’s SO expensive). Last year when we were in “the big city” visiting friends, we all were able to visit a museum and received free admission. It was during the middle of the week on an “off time” so admission was free. We packed sack lunches and didn’t tour any of the special exhibits (those had a fee). We thoroughly enjoyed our day and learned lots of neat things- all for FREE!
A little research and planning go a long way when looking for ways to get out of the heat this summer. Sometimes signing up on a website gets you coupons, take a look around your area for frugal opportunities.
Love ya, Molly
To share a link to your post about frugal living, use the Linky below. But first. . .
1. We’d love for you to share your links that include anything related to DIY projects, saving money, frugal living, made from scratch cooking, cleaning products, sustainable living, gardening, organic, and anything else related to homemaking! You can also include your struggles while trying to live a frugal lifestyle (like Midge!)! Show us about how you are thriving while surviving on a smaller budget!
2. Please, no link-ups to giveaways or blog topics in which you are just selling a product.
3. Link directly to your frugal post, not to your home page.
4. Grab our linky graphic (from the sidebar) and put it on your blog or on your linky post.
5. If a linked up post does not meet the above guidelines, it will be removed.
6. If you link-up, please click on other’s links as well. Our frugal followers have a lot to share!
Living frugally means living, learning, and growing from each other. We can’t wait to see what you are going to share (to see other blogs who have linked up, click the link below)! Ready, set, link!