There are so many different ways to live a frugal lifestyle. . . this is a great place to learn new things and encourage one another! Below you can share the link to a post on your own blog, share a little about your frugal life and encourage others. Be sure to come back each Friday and link-up to this great community of frugal followers!
If you get my Friday newsletter, you most likely read Midge’s question about my favorite desserts to make (if you don’t get my FREE newsletter be sure and subscribe via the sticky note in the upper right corner). Read below to see my response and discover what recipe I like to make each Mother’s Day. Molly
My mother always told me I was born with a sweet tooth, I think she may be right. I love to create (and eat!) just about anything sweet. My favorite desserts to make are fruit pies or cobblers. I love these because there is such a variety of fruits that can be used or combined in these desserts. I also love these types of sweets because I enjoy adding a cinnamon based streusel on top and a huge amount of whipped cream! What’s not to love?
Every Mother’s Day I break out the trifle dish and create a beautiful dessert. Last year I used chunks of angel food cake layered with freshly made custard, peaches, strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream. The kids know Mother’s Day is right around the corner when they see that trifle dish come out of storage (I should use it more often, don’t you think?).
I’m dreaming of this year’s trifle dessert now. . . I wonder what combination of fruits I’ll use. Blackberries, strawberries and raspberries?
Molly. . . who is dreaming of trifle for breakfast!
To share a link to your post about frugal living, use the Linky below. But first. . .
1. We’d love for you to share your links that include anything related to DIY projects, saving money, frugal living, made from scratch cooking, cleaning products, sustainable living, gardening, organic, and anything else related to homemaking! You can also include your struggles while trying to live a frugal lifestyle (like Midge!)! Show us about how you are thriving while surviving on a smaller budget!
2. Please, no link-ups to giveaways or blog topics in which you are just selling a product.
3. Link directly to your frugal post, not to your home page.
4. Grab our linky graphic (from the sidebar) and put it on your blog or on your linky post.
5. If a linked up post does not meet the above guidelines, it will be removed.
6. If you link-up, please click on other’s links as well. Our frugal followers have a lot to share!
Living frugally means living, learning, and growing from each other. We can’t wait to see what you are going to share (to see other blogs who have linked up, click the link below)! Ready, set, link!