Investigate the World of Beans!
Learn everything you didn’t know about this magical fruit called beans.
Did you know that technically and botanically beans are a fruit, even though we use them as a vegetable and call them a legume? Would you like to add more bean recipes to your menus? Have you ever decorated your home using beans? Want to add nutrition to your meals and save money at the save time? Using beans as a food or a decoration is a kind way to deal with the shrinking budgets we’re all facing these days. The October issue of Molly Magazine will provide you with lots of fun ideas and tasty projects to introduce to your family this fall – using everything from dried beans to jelly beans to coffee beans. So join us for a toot of a time this month as we explore the world of beans!
- Molly’s “bean” theme this month is just in time for National Vegetarian Month and International Frugal Fun Day – see our calendar of events and find the articles that will help you celebrate.
- You’ll smell the beans cooking as you digest all the bean recipes offered this month.
- Fall is a fun time to decorate your home. Use various types of beans to make a wreath, turn cupcakes into corn-on-cob, frame a picture, and more!
- Store those beans properly for a longer shelf life. There’s a right way to cook them too! Patricia Hunter tells you all about it.
- Follow step-by-step instructions for making a Wonderbag? Wondering what a Wonderbag is? Hint: It will help you cut hours off of cooking time. Sharon White shares this art form that helps the environment.
- No more sneaking leftovers into your meals . . . learn to do leftovers on purpose with help from Candy Foote.
- Embrace the Martha Stewart Syndrome with Kimberly Pharris as the crisp fall weather entices you to clean, organize, and bake.
- Do your kids enjoy art projects? How about beans? Shannon Reilly combines the two for a lesson that includes fun as she explains how for kids to create their own mosaic art piece.
- Sprouting is not a lost technique. Molly shows you how to do it and the best ways to use sprouts – no fancy equipment needed!
- Does organizing photos and other keepsake items drive you crazy? Molly has found a fantastic, fun, and free way to do it.
- There’s a connection between beans and contentment – Rhonda Barfield tells how she discovered it.
- Sarah Dugger shares a trick for power-packing foods you already make using . . . you guessed it—BEANS!
- Don’t like coffee as a drink? Try Midge’s recipe for Espresso Café Brownies—yum!
- Alayna Cann reminds us of things to do in October—including replacing those ever-important smoke detectors!
Project Manager: Dena Wood, Becky Gustafson.
Contributing Writers: Alayna Cann, Dena Wood, Patricia Hunter, Inger Koppenhaver, Becky Gustafson, Sarah Dugger, Sharon White, Rhonda Barfield, Candy Foote
File Size: 15.6 MB
Need to economize? Subscribe to a Molly Membership!
For only $3.85 a month (cancel any time!) you receive not only the monthly Molly Green Magazine, but also much more!
Every month, Molly has a wealth of information and support to share in one easy-to-read, handy resource! Discover for yourself all of the exciting and imaginative ideas Molly has to offer—ideas that could save you big money and needless headaches!
For just $4.95, download this Molly Green Magazine now!