Fortunately for me, my Molly Green magazine membership will allow me to have exclusive access to the Dine on a Dime menu planner from Build a Menu (coming soon) AND I get a big discount on a full membership to BAM which includes the fabulous Trim Healthy Mama recipes to help me even more.
Now, I know you may be thinking “lucky Midge – being related to Molly and all” but, this is not just a family deal - YOU get the same benefits with a Molly Membership – see, you can join the Molly Family too!
So now, about those frugal healthy lunches . . .
- Measure 1 cup of extra brown rice to add to broth. Freeze in baggies for quick access.
- Place portions of rice in freezer containers and add chopped veggies for a frugal, healthy homemade lean cuisine.
- Use broccoli stems to chop small pieces to add to rice for lunch stir-fry or to salads.
- Use the tops of tomatoes and bottom portion and chop for a fresh pico de gallo - to add to beans, salad, or chicken, a Mexican rice dish or fish – for an instant burst of flavor that will light up your taste buds!
- Use tops and bottoms of white onions and peppers you might normally toss out for the same purpose. Chop ‘em small and throw them into sauce or soup too.
- Freeze washed berries and grapes individually on a tray and then divide them into portion sizes for your smoothies and health drinks.
- Chop bite size pieces of leftover meats – chicken, fish, steak – and freeze in portion sizes to go into your rice or healthy pasta for a protein boost at lunch.
- Once cooled, freeze lunch size portions of your homemade chick broth in Mason jars or other freezer containers – add leftover rice, chicken, and veggies for a hearty hot lunch.
- Use frozen broth to make a homemade Egg Drop Soup.
- Freeze stuffed bell peppers for a flavorful lunch – use leftover ingredients of rice and lean ground beef, turkey, or venison to fill them with.
Frugal healthy lunches can be yours with just a little bit of prep and planning ahead of time.
Don’t wait to get your Molly Membership so you can take advantage of the big discount for Build a Menu and have the Trim Healthy Mama recipes at your finger tips – or just use the Molly Membership to enjoy the ever frugal Dine on a Dime menu planner!
linking with Works for Me Wed