There are so many different ways to live a frugal lifestyle . . . this is a great place to learn new things and encourage one another! Below you can share the link to a post on your own blog, share a little about your frugal life and encourage others. Be sure to come back each Friday and link-up to this great community of frugal followers!
If you get my Friday newsletter, you most likely read Midge’s question about my idea(s) for little ones whose fathers will be away on Father’s Day (if you don’t get my FREE newsletter be sure and subscribe via the sticky note in the upper right corner). Read below to see my response. Molly
Dear Midge –
I love your idea about putting little handprints/footprints on the back of a t-shirt. . . what a cute way to see how those kiddos grow each year! I think technology can really help for those whose fathers can’t be with their children on Father’s Day. My children love to Skype family members who live far away, this is just one option where technology can help connect people. Most smart phones have a video chat option, does yours? Another way technology can help keep family members connected is to take digital pictures and send them via email or text message. For example, if you are at the park with the children why not take a few pictures of them playing or even some video? You can then send those digital images to a loved one so they can see the kiddos “in action.”
For those children (young or old) who want to honor the memory of their father or grandfather, it might be fun to prepare his favorite meal or dessert for the family. While eating Dad’s favorite dinner (or Grandpa’s favorite cookies) the family might like to sit around and talk about some of their favorite memories of that person. Food and great stories, what a great combo!
Speaking of cookies, I think I’ll whip up a batch of Grandpa’s favorite oatmeal raisin cookies today!
Love ya, Molly
To share a link to your post about frugal living, use the Linky below. But first. . .
1. We’d love for you to share your links that include anything related to DIY projects, saving money, frugal living, made from scratch cooking, cleaning products, sustainable living, gardening, organic, and anything else related to homemaking! You can also include your struggles while trying to live a frugal lifestyle (like Midge!)! Show us about how you are thriving while surviving on a smaller budget!
2. Please, no link-ups to giveaways or blog topics in which you are just selling a product.
3. Link directly to your frugal post, not to your home page.
4. Grab our linky graphic (from the sidebar) and put it on your blog or on your linky post.
5. If a linked up post does not meet the above guidelines, it will be removed.
6. If you link-up, please click on other’s links as well. Our frugal followers have a lot to share!
Living frugally means living, learning, and growing from each other. We can’t wait to see what you are going to share (to see other blogs who have linked up, click the link below)! Ready, set, link!