Get sweet dreams for a song!
It’s lullabies and good buys in Molly’s Money-Saving Digest-MollySaves In the Nursery!
Outfit a nursery for less, welcome babies with handmade gifts, and celebrate impending motherhood with the ideas you’ll find in this month’s Digest. From diapers to décor, we have it covered. But the Digest doesn’t stop there. You’ll find plenty of other useful advice to get the most out of your money and your time.
- Learn how to make a punch that’s pretty and inexpensive, too.
- Make a frugal and fuss-free meal your kids will love.
- Get expert advice on pet medications and online pet pharmacies.
- Find help for teens who are looking for a car.
- Follow our tutorial to make your own lap desk from items around the house.
- Explore the physical and mental benefits of walking for exercise.
- Bring your blender out of the cupboard and put it to work again.
For such small sweeties, babies sure do need a lot of stuff! Clothing, food, diapering items, toys, creams, lotions, powders, shampoos—whew! The list goes on and on, and the cost goes up and up. Besides those daily essentials, you also have the expense of a nursery and its furniture. But beautiful rooms and baby’s necessities can be had on a budget. Molly and friends offer up great ideas for frugally feeding, clothing, and decorating for the newest member of the family.
- Learn where to find online tutorials for making everything from baby furniture to baby shampoo.
- Check out Eleanor Joyce’s ideas for special baby gifts that will be treasured for years to come.
- Read all about the diapering choices available to families today.
- Get some tips on throwing a fun and frugal baby shower.
- Learn how to treat a rash, both for babies and for bigger people.
- Find out which baby food resource Molly recommends.
- Be inspired by five moms’ ideas on outfitting nurseries inexpensively.
Take a closer look at all the impressive features you’ll find in this month’s Digest:
- This ’n’ That: This month, America celebrates some staples of summer: hot dogs, ice cream, and blueberries. Need new furniture? Or a new computer? July is a good month to purchase it.
- Begin With the Basics: Serve party guests a cold, refreshing, and frugal punch this summer. Starting with just four ingredients, punches can be elegant without being elaborate. Add a beautiful touch with a simple-to-make ice ring.
- Forms, Printables, & Resources: The Internet is a rich resource for everything baby. Get plans for furniture; ideas for nursery décor; patterns for sewing, knitting, and crocheting; and gift ideas that won’t break the piggy bank.
- Décor & More: Diapers are great, but no one’s going to save them for posterity. Eleanor Joyce unearths beautiful, heirloom-quality gifts you can make for the baby on the way, whether it’s yours or someone else’s.
- Meal of the Month: We introduce our new Meal of the Month provider, KerryAnn Foster, who offers recipes that can be adjusted to accommodate allergies and intolerances. First up: Pizza in a Pot.
- Saving Money on Diapers: Explore your options for diapers. Disposables are convenient, but they’re also expensive. Cloth diapers have come a long way in recent years, and we tell you about the advancements.
- Fun and Frugal Baby Shower: Read how one friend gave a mother-to-be a darling shower for just $50. Here’s a hint: Don’t take on all the food preparation yourself. There’s an army of family and friends just waiting to help.
- Pet Care for Pennies: Dr. Tiffany Rule offers help for keeping pet medication costs down and tells you how to make sure you’re getting a safe product if you order medications from an online pet pharmacy.
- Tightwad Training Camp: Young people who are buying their first car can use Molly’s Car Comparison Worksheet to help sort out all the options and considerations.
- Something Old, Something New: Sharon White takes you step-by-step through making your own lap desk, with choices for an easier version or a more elaborate one. If you love books, you’ll especially love this handmade and useful project.
- Here’s to Your Health: Walk your way to better health, and do it with your family! Gentler to the joints than running, walking improves cardiovascular health along with your mood. And best of all, it’s free.
- You’re a Natural Beauty: This month, we get to the bottom of rashes. Most will go away on their own, but while you wait, you can ease their symptoms (itching, burning, pain) with items you may have in the pantry.
- Molly Recommends: Need help feeding your baby or toddler? Whether you want to make your own baby food or just want the details of what your child should be eating when, this recommendation is for you.
- Change One Thing This Month: Bring out the blender and stir up some savings. Take advantage when fruit goes on sale and have the ingredients for yummy smoothies on hand in your freezer. Have a little one? Making her food will shave big bucks from your budget.
- Inspiration! Let five moms inspire you with their ideas for saving on nursery basics, from economical paint to trendy but wallet-friendly curtains.
- Directory of Links: For those of you who print and bind your Digests, you’ll have easy access to all of the fantastic links worth saving in the back of this issue. It makes your Digest easier to use!
See why homemakers love Molly’s Digest—see what’s inside!
Every month, Molly has a wealth of information and support to share in one easy-to-read, handy resource! Discover for yourself all of the exciting and imaginative ideas Molly has to offer and wants to share with you—ideas that could save you big money and needless headaches!
You’ll glean some of the best inexpensive ideas and projects for everyday living that you can find, and be inspired to be self-confident, creative, and resourceful too.
View a sample of this product here.
Molly makes it fun and easier to be frugal! Think about it—with so much to learn and save, if you apply just one money-saving idea, you’ll recoup the cost of this E-Book right away!
Project Manager: Toni Riggs
Contributing Writers: Dena Wood, Eleanor Joyce, Sharon White, Patricia Hunter, Toni Riggs, Tiffany J. Rule, DVM, KerryAnn Foster, Heather Ferguson
File Size: 5.7 MB
Need to economize? Subscribe to a Molly Membership!
For only $3.85 a month (cancel any time!) you receive not only the monthly Molly Green Magazine, but also much more!
Every month, Molly has a wealth of information and support to share in one easy-to-read, handy resource! Discover for yourself all of the exciting and imaginative ideas Molly has to offer—ideas that could save you big money and needless headaches!
You’ll glean some of the best inexpensive ideas and projects for everyday living that you can find and be inspired to be self-confident, creative, and resourceful too.
For just $4.95, download this Molly Green Magazine now!
Or become a monthly Molly Member and subscribe for only $3.85 per month!